Tuesday 18 September 2012

9:38 AM, That Fateful Day, The Future


K.

It’s too late to run now, the harm is already done. As the latent toxins become activated I feel the infection unleashing its full potential upon my body. The stinging pain in my stomach nearly paralyses me as I fall to the ground and beg for death. The thin fog of the protein activating gas spreads throughout the conference centre. More and more people fall into violent convulsions, some of them start spitting and vomiting blood. Everyone reacting in a slightly different way, each organism trying to fight off the pathogen. There’s a morbid beauty in all this. I try to crawl towards the exit, hoping that it’s not too late for me, that maybe I can be saved. 
I feel a glimpse of hope as I see people in hazmat suits enter the building. They look around, I cannot distinguish the words they're speaking but as they walk further into the building, ignoring the carnage, it doesn't take me long to realise what's going on. They are here to use the chaos caused by the outbreak of the microbes. This was a precisely planned attack and now they are harvesting the crops. God knows what their target is, nevermind the collateral damage. Maybe that’s my chance, they don’t care whether I live or die, so I try to crawl past them. One of them gets closer and kicks me in the stomach. The pain is overwhelming, the blood I vomit covers my body and hands...

No comments:

Post a Comment