Thursday 6 September 2012

8:14 AM, That Fateful Day, The Future

K.

As I settle into my seat and watch the people running around trying to get this show started, I think of the stuff I've done over the last few days. It took a while to get over the shock of what happened in that alleyway, but, as all things, that passed too.

I've finally managed to start working again. Whatever happens I just don't think I can throw the eppendorfs into the bin and start a new life. Shit happens but life goes on and I cannot swim against the current of events. I go with the flow instead and see what happens. Sometimes I'd rather close my eyes but I always believe that in the end it's going to be worth it.
The show must go on, I swallow some pills with a carefully picked hormone cocktail to keep me awake. It's not exactly legal but then again, what is these days? I wouldn't even be able to get any alcohol at a decent price if I wasn't working in BeerGen. I don't think I can screw up my body and mind any further just with some simple chemicals. And for some reason I could never stand caffeine except the small dose that comes with my favourite tea. 
I set up a few overnight experiments and look up some data on the web. People from the network haven't even noticed my recent absence. Everyone is busy with their own work and I can't blame them for it, especially when I can get loads of useful protocols and tips from their experience. It feels nice to get back into the game.  

No comments:

Post a Comment