Friday 14 September 2012

9:35 AM, That Fateful Day, The Future


K.

The presentation was interesting but I cannot say I have learned anything new. Just the usual discussion about safety and concerns about new technologies. It's the same as 20 years ago, it's going to be the same 20 years from now. Still, I find it useful to keep up to date with the way that scientists view the public. What I’m really looking forward to is the presentation in the afternoon. A big corporate fish is going to present the results of his research on stem cells and the rumour has it that he even brought some top secret samples for demonstration. A bit reckless, I’d say, but who am I to judge.
The problem is that after the talk I feel weak and nauseated and all kinds of horrible. A good opportunity to complain some more about the way people handle microbes but it's already a full time hobby for me and I’m here to relax. As everything is pretty much ready for the highlight of the conference,  I notice that I’m not the only one groaning in pain. More and more people are shaking and becoming overwhelmed by weakness. Something’s not right here. 
As the symptoms become more violent and people start to cough blood I realise that the poisoning wasn’t accidental at all. I'll be lucky to leave the conference with my internal organs not turned into a bloody pulp.

No comments:

Post a Comment