Tuesday 25 September 2012

9:30 AM, The Aftermath, The Future


A.

I watch from my lab as the new department sets is gears in motion. They are good people - people I shared the vision of developing world-changing devices with during a summer at University. It amuses me to see that even though we never got out bio-electric interface to work, the industry took to the idea and developed it into what is now an indispensable piece of technology that is found everywhere. Maybe this time we can actually change the world for the better, given the resources and time Boss has graciously put at our disposal.

There is a nagging feeling of guilt in my brain - I stopped receiving my free beer shipments after the incident at the conference - could it be that K. actually went to that conference? He always used to make fun of me for enjoying attending and talking at such occasions, said it did not fit his style and he’d rather find out about advancements from the web. I still send him invites from time to time just to grief him. Then again, I haven’t talked to him in years and boy, can a lot of things change in a few years. Biohackers turn into heads of department and heads of department turn into corrupt biopunks.

And the great wheel of life keeps turning.

No comments:

Post a Comment