Thursday 13 September 2012

2:00 PM, That Fateful Day, The Future

A.

I can’t believe this - I’ve worked here for five years and they just took every bit of research my department has done on preventing and remedying the release of harmful organisms, turned it on its head and mixed it up and said ‘Hey, let’s see what would happen if we tested these on unsuspecting idiots’. I guess that’s one way of modeling what would happen in the event of an accidental or deliberate release. What a sneaky way of doing it too, always assigning someone else to inspect these outbreaks so nobody gets suspicious. And here I was, thinking I’m fighting the good fight and stopping all those garage biopunks that parents scare their children with (Eat your vegetables or the biopunks will take mommy and daddy away), when the real enemy was signing my paychecks with a smile on its face, cigar in mouth and expensive whiskey in hand. Let the world burn, just a little at a time, if it means a more secure future. A future for whom, should their plans go awry and a deliberate release can’t be contained?

No comments:

Post a Comment