Thursday 30 August 2012

11:24 PM, The 9th of August, The Future

K.

That was one wild night I will never forget. I'm not sure if I quite believe in what happened. People dying in a glimpse of an eye, me nearly becoming a part of organised crime... What have I gotten myself into? Maybe my friends were right when they told me I shouldn’t get involved in any of that “outlaw biology”. Get a job, pay your bills, act normal and obey the law. Leave your dreams behind, accept the world as it is, an immovable object. Instead I left behind my friends and their opinions, believing synthetic biology to be the irresistible force able to change the foundation of the world.
Maybe I was wrong, maybe not, the game is not over yet. Either way, until now I had no regrets. But that fateful night might have changed everything. I don’t know what I’m standing against, I don’t know who to trust and I cannot fight this battle alone. What is right and what is wrong when I’m standing against both the law and the outlaws? What if while walking among shadows I’ll turn into a shadow of a human being just like the nameless gunner from the other night?
Maybe it is the time to give up?
Never.

No comments:

Post a Comment