Monday 27 August 2012

11:10 AM, August the 2nd, The Future

K.

I wasn’t prepared for that! The cops are still only a few steps behind, I can hear them shouting. I can’t outrun them, I can barely see, my  augmented vision is jammed, I’ve got to figure something out fast. I try to find a way through but its a dead end. There is some sort of ledge on the right, if only I can get the right grip... Hell! It’s all so slippery after the rain. Now there’s nothing I can do, with all the noise I made there’s no way I’m gonna get away.
- I told you to stop when you had a chance! Now it’s gonna hurt.
The first one did. I’m not sure if I could feel the next ones. A hit to the head leaves only silence. Then a sudden gunshot. Warm blood starts covering my jacket. Yet I feel no pain, I hear voices, I can see the light... It’s not my blood for god’s sake! There’s someone else in the alley, holding the gun. The voices get louder and more real as I regain consciousness.

- Alex! Isn't that the guy you were talking 'bout?
Someone shakes my arm as I start to recognise the familiar face next to me.
- You alright, mate?
- Yeah, I'm good.
Of course I'm bloody not. I just saw a cop get gunned down. What the hell! And Alex seems to be with the guy. What's going on?
- You know, we could probably use someone like you, you're a biohacker right? - the man with the gun asks me casually, completely ignoring the dead cop.
- Uh, wha? Yeah, look I really need to go back home, get my shit together.
Who the hell is this guy and why would I want to have anything to do with him?!
- Sure, you know where to find Alex, right? You owe me one mate.
Slowly walking away, it's time to end this madness. And I think I need to find a new dealer.

No comments:

Post a Comment