Thursday 9 August 2012

1 AM, July the 19th, The Future

K. 

I used to love late evening strolls around the streets but the habit grew less appealing with time. The city has changed just like everything else. Or maybe it's just me - for most people the streets are safe and because of that they don’t mind all the restrictions and supervision. However, I have good reasons to hide in the shadows as one man’s safety may very well be a trap for another. Back in the flat, 3rd floor. I open the fresh tank of water and take a sample - nowadays everything is contaminated with all sorts of genetic material so I prefer to run some tests. After all, it only takes seconds to detect DNA and get a readout on a computer. It seems that this one has got some funky DNA - nothing dangerous but I probably want to use water from another source for experiments. I'll set the sequencer in the morning and see what’s there. There's a good chance I'm being paranoid, with all that neuropeptide conspiracy it's easy to believe that our own military is cooking up something big. On the other hand simple incompetence can be much more detrimental than any conspiracy. By simply "overlooking" the problem of DNA contamination, the government makes biohacking a real pain sometimes. With all the power that they have and want to take away from us, who's the real biopunk here?

No comments:

Post a Comment