Thursday 23 August 2012

11 AM, August the 2nd, The Future

K.

Same time next week... Alex is a nice guy, and can gets things done. It's good to have him and similar people around. Without them and the network my work would be much harder, impossible even. I don't really like coming to this part of town to get things sorted. Being pushed away from the safe shelter of society like a damned criminal. And what have I ever done wrong? Whenever the innocent are left to suffer because of the fear of progress every move is a fair game as long as it leads the society back on track.
Something's not right here - the streets are more busy than usual. I have a bad feeling about it.
A sharp smell, and odd cry in the dark... shit, is that pepper spray? Right around the corner, the shouts are getting louder and I can see what’s going on. A whole squad of riot police with top-tier equipment. I better get out of here.
- Hey! Where the hell do you think you’re going? Stop right where you are.
I freeze as I spot one of the cops - he’s got one of these powered exoskeleton arms that could snap my neck before I could spell “citizen rights”. But I cannot risk being searched, not with so many plasmids in my pockets. Bloody protesters couldn’t have picked a worse moment to start a riot. Just leave me alone...
- Just leave me alone!
- I’ll leave you alone to rot in jail if you don’t get on the ground right now!
I leg it. I can hear shouts behind me, I can barely see where I’m going as the tear gas fills the alley. I must get out...    

No comments:

Post a Comment