Monday 2 July 2012

4:00 AM, July the 2nd, The Future

K.

It’s 4 in the morning and I cannot sleep. 4 a.m. and I’m trying to figure out what’s wrong with this world, not for the first time. Well, there’s some good stuff, sure. We’ve fixed the problem of shrinking food supplies for one thing. I actually like the taste of synthetic meat made with seawater, reminds me of home in a weird way. And that sandwich I didn’t finish yesterday.
I smell lemons when I open the fridge. Without all the bacteria integrated in it I’d probably still have to leave the actual fruit inside to keep it fresh. A small price compared to what I paid for the fridge.
I pick the processed rubbish from the MFC, will get it on my way out later. Some stuff even microbes cannot utilise. For now they should get me more than enough energy to make some tea. “NEW, now with lemon flavour probiotic thermostable bacteria!” - sure, as long as it’s got caffeine in it.


It’s 4:30 in the morning and it’s raining. It’s always raining. I bet it will rain in hell as well, once I  get there

No comments:

Post a Comment